Monday, January 13

In Flight



Leaving the Omaha airport was bright, even though night was still upon me. The yellow lights, which they probably call amber, were softened by the clearest blue ones.  I don’t know how the pilots get to the right lane to take off, but they do and we did.

Omaha’s lights from the sky make me feel almost upside down. You know when you live in a place and there are no barriers from looking at God’s starry sky? Well this felt the other way around, staring at all lights below while being in the dark sky above.

Then “poof” into the soft cloud for just a minute feeling like we were inside the fluffiest pillow you could imagine. Then the dawn popped up on the horizon of the cloud, beautiful. What an awesome view of God’s Glory. I caught myself humming “Your Name”. 

“As morning dawns and evening fades
You inspire song of praise
That rise from earth to touch Your heart
and glorify Your Name”

Now as I’m looking over the huge white pillow below I think of my old picture of Heaven…everyone on their own little cloud, floating around and around, hoping not to be bounced off the edge if by chance one cloud would bump into another.  Now I know by my faith, how glorious those streets of gold will be.  Awesome Father, just awesome!

No comments: